Roswell Park Cancer Institute (RPCI) is America's first cancer center founded in 1898. RPCI is the only facility in upstate New York to hold the designation of "Comprehensive Cancer Center". The facility serves as the main site for the Division of Gynecologic Oncology, and the primary teaching facility in oncology for the University at Buffalo, the State University of New York, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences.
The Gynecologic Center at RPCI provides comprehensive care to women with gynecologic malignancies. RPCI is a member of the Gynecologic Oncology Group and a participant in most of the national trials to improve the prevention, detection, and treatment of gynecologic cancers.
- Early cancer detection and prevention
- Surgery and staging for gynecologic cancers
- Robotic surgery
- Chemotherapy for the treatment of gynecologic cancers
- Radiation therapy for the management of gynecologic malignancies
- Colposcopy for the diagnosis of precancerous and cancerous conditions