Life in Buffalo

a photo of the Goodyear residence hall student lounge

On-Campus Housing

Tips for International Students

All students are offered the option of living on-campus at the University at Buffalo. More than 7,000 UB students live in the residence halls and on-campus apartments. You will receive an on-campus housing brochure and application in your acceptance packet from the Office of International Admissions. Detailed information is available on the Campus Living website:

When should I submit my application for on-campus housing?

On-campus housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, if you want to live on campus, you should submit your housing application and deposit as soon as possible after you have been admitted to the University. Application deadlines are set by the Campus Living office so please check their website:

What is the cost of living in on-campus Residence Halls or Apartments?

Please visit the University Residence Halls & Apartments website for detailed information on room rates:

Residence Halls:

On-Campus Apartments:

If I choose to live on-campus, can I change my mind in the middle of the year?

Residence Hall housing contracts expire at the end of the academic year in May. This means that students moving into the residence halls in August must reside in the residence halls until May. Contracts beginning in January also end in May.

Students who reside in on-campus apartments should refer to their contracts for specific start and end dates.

How can I get more information about living on-campus?

Please note that the Campus Living office is independent from the Office of International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS). Therefore, if you have any questions about on-campus housing, please contact the Campus Living office. You can reach them by visiting their website: or by phone at (716) 645-2171.