Some Pictures of Buffalo
These are some scattered pictures of the City of Buffalo and the
surrounding area of western New York. We welcome any additions--
send mail to the address below if you have pictures you would like
Click on the thumbnail image to load a full-color JPEG version of the
image, or on the word "GIF" for a 256-color version (larger, but sometimes
look better on 8-bit monitors).
The Buffalo Skyline (178 K) (GIF-229K)
- The tallest buildings are the city hall on the left, and the Marine Midland
Building on the right. Buffalo's downtown is a treasure-trove of early 20th Century
- The city's waterfront (the small boat harbor is shown here with recent condominium
developments) has gone through many transformations, and its development is
the subject of constant debate.
Buffalo City Hall (68 K) (GIF-102K)
- City Hall is an art-deco masterpiece built in 1932. At 33 stories, it is one
of the tallest city halls in the nation, and claims the unique distinction of being
the 2nd highest building in the 2nd largest city in the 2nd largest state in the nation.
The exterior is covered with symbols of the area's native american heritage, and the
city's image as an industrial center.
- The monument is in honor of William McKinley, the president of the United States who
was assassinated here in 1902 while visiting the Pan-American Exposition.
Erie Community College (68K) (GIF-118K)
- Originally built as the city's post office in 1905. One of Buffalo's
Many more Views
of Buffalo are available, courtesy of Dan
The Wings Staff -