iprint@ub for Non-UB Library Guests
Documentation table of contents.
iprint@ub is the print management system at the University at Buffalo that allows non-UB library guests to pay for print jobs with a Print/Copy Card at a Print Release Pay Station. Print/Copy Cards can be purchased at any University at Buffalo library or computing site for $1, which includes $.40 of printing value. You can add additional money to the Print/Copy Card and print at a cost of $.10 per single-sided page, or $.20 per double-sided page. When iprint@ub goes into effect, all non-UB library guest print jobs will result in per-page charges.
- Using your program's Print window, select any preferences you want to apply to your print job, then click Print. You will not receive any notification that your document has been submitted to a Print Release Pay Station.
- Go to a Print Release Pay Station and enter your Library Research Station Access Card Number and Password into the fields labeled UBIT User Name and Password, respectively, then click Sign In.
- After a short pause, a list of your pending print jobs will appear, including the cost of each print job in the Cost column. Click any print jobs you want to print, making sure that a check mark appears next to each job, then click GoPrint.
- Insert your Print/Copy Card into the Print/Copy Card Reader when prompted to do so. Do not remove your Print/Copy Card from the Print/Copy Card Reader at this time.
- Please wait while the Print/Copy Card Reader processes your card, carefully verify your print job selections, then click Click Here to Accept the Charge and Start Printing when it appears. Once you click this button, you will not be able to cancel any of your chosen print jobs.
- After a short pause, the cost of your print jobs will be deducted from your Print/Copy Card balance, and a confirmation screen will appear. Retrieve your Print/Copy Card from the Print/Copy Card Reader, then pick up your print jobs from the Print Service Counter.
If you experience any errors while using iprint@ub, please view the section titled iprint@ub Errors.
You can check the balance of a Print/Copy Card by inserting it into the Print/Copy Card Reader. The balance will then appear on the Print/Copy Card Reader display.
You will be logged off the Print Release Pay Station after releasing a print job, or after a period of inactivity.
Print jobs are identified by your Library Research Station Access Card Number. There is no charge for the identifying cover sheet.
- Go to the nearest Print Release Pay Station and enter your Library Research Station Access Card Number and Password into the fields labeled UBIT User Name and Password, respectively. Once you have entered this information, click Sign In.
- After a short pause, a list displaying all your pending print jobs will appear. Click any print jobs you want to delete, making sure that a check mark appears next to each job, then click Delete.
- Verify your print job selections, then click Click Here to Confirm and Start Deleting when it appears. Your requested print jobs will automatically be deleted.
If your print job is incorrectly processed due to a printer malfunction (e.g., low toner, wrinkled paper, etc.), speak with a Public Site Consultant, who can reprint your print job at no additional cost. This free reprint is not available if the problem is caused by anything other than a printer malfunction (e.g., a poor-quality original source), and must be requested within 24 hours from the time you submitted the print job.
iprint@ub errors can occur for various reasons. If you experience an error, find it in the list below to determine the solution.
If you do not have enough funds available on your Print/Copy Card to print all your selected jobs, an insufficient funds error will be displayed when you click GoPrint. Either choose fewer print jobs, or add more funds to your Print/Copy Card and return to the Print Release Pay Station.
Print jobs can be no larger than 25MB. If your print job exceeds this limit, you will see a Messenger Service window after attempting to print from your desired program, indicating that your print job has been deleted. Although the Messenger Service window does not indicate that your print job was too large, this is the only time you will see this window. Reduce the size of your print job (e.g., by printing fewer pages at a time), then resubmit the print job.